Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Getting there...

Beverly near Hull. Such a beautiful town. The church of St. Margarets is the most beautiful building I've ever seen. Nothing compares. Inside there is a rabbit statue, which was the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland. This church was so amazing, I was seriously contemplating attending service. Which was at 8am! With Jesus people. There were arches, 15thC pews, stained glass everything, magnificent paintings, and the ceiling. Oh my life, the ceiling is remarkable. I'm certainly going back.

After I, sadly, left, I drove past two traditional gypsy caravans. They were pulled up on the side of the road, with the occupants sitting on camping chairs, around a fire. That's one way of doing it.

Continued my factory tour. Quorn and 7 Seas make the list.

Stupid place names - Skidby and Swanland. Heard from a local that it was called Swineland [because of pig farms], but they changed it. Sounds worse, swans are evil.

Saw signs for a hospital with a hyperbaric unit, but no A&E. Priorities.

And finally, the woman who was having a breakdown [prancing and mildly screaming], because her dog ate dog shit. Oh my God, oh my God, oh how could you? No! No! Idiot.

1 comment: